Fall is the perfect weather for soups and I’ve been in LOVE with this easy and healthy creamy carrot soup. The ginger adds the perfect punch while adding warmth for those chilly days. All ingredients I used are organic and conveniently delivered from Door to Door Organics!
What you’ll need:
- 3 lbs carrots
- 3 russet potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon oregano
What to do:
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil
- Peel + rough chop the carrots, potatoes, onion, and garlic
- Ginger prep: peel the skin using the edge of a metal spoon + mince (TIP: use a food processor! Avoid the unpleasant surprise of biting a chunky piece ginger in a pureed soup)
- Add all ingredients into a pot and boil for ~30 minutes (or until carrots + potatoes are completely cooked through and soft)
- Add salt to taste
- Use a blender to puree all the ingredients to create a creamy soup!
Water and potato ratios can be altered to change the consistency of the soup. Other fun ingredients to try are: curry, coconut milk, or cumin to create new flavors. The soup can also be topped off with cheese, plain greek yogurt, or green scallions!
- Win a $50 coupon by simply commenting below on your favorite soup for the fall! 2 winners will be chosen on November 7, 2015 at noon EST! (giveaway closed)
- Get $10 off on your first order from Door to Door Organics with our special link: click here!
- FTC: Thank you to Door to Door Organics for providing us fresh groceries and giveaway certificates for our readers! All opinions are our own and are 100% honest. Door to Door Facebook/Door to Door Instagram