Here’s the inside scoop of what makes the top of our Kasual Craves list. We have learned that we are not going to like every dish on a restaurant’s menu, but it only takes one or a few GREAT dishes for us to come back for more. Sophia and I have tried many restaurants around Columbus are very loyal to the ones we love. This is a compiled list of some of our favorite things to eat.
- Penne arrabiata: penne pasta in a spicy tomato sauce with lots of garlic and basil. SO GOOD. We usually order ours with added chicken
- Shrimp pesto pizza
- Grapefruit basil fizz & whiskey rosso (2 of our top cocktails in Columbus)
- Go for their happy hour, Mon-Fri 4-6 PM, for half off drinks, pizzas, and appetizers! (one of the best in Columbus)
We come here almost weekly…
- Chasu ramen with tonkotsu broth
- Firework sushi roll
- Salmon onigiri
- our previous Tensuke post
- Short rib & Cochinita pibil (pork) tacos. These tacos are a bit more expensive than other Cbus taco joints, but the stacked meat makes up for it!
- The chips & queso are delicious!
- We go here for their lunch special (choice of soup or salad + 2 rolls for $11.75 or 3 rolls for $14.75)
- We love the spicy salmon and eel avocado roll- both rolls melt in your mouth!
- Chicken avocado sandwich, sweet potato fries at Clintonville location
- Breakfast sandwich + bacon. Sounds like a simple dish, but every ingredient (cheese, egg, biscuit, bacon) is great quality
- Proscuitto and eggs
- Ginger ale, blueberry smoothie
- our previous chicken sandwich post
- They have a great brunch/lunch!
- Crab cake & egg over potatoes
- Lobster roll. Ain’t no skimping on the seafood for both of these
- Save money and go for lunch when the prices are reduced!
- Bahn Thai fried rice with chicken and tofu. You can choose your level of spiciness. Warning…”very spicy” is no joke.
- our previous BTFR post
Huge portions and all dishes are $10 or under!
- Pad see ew
- Com thit nuong (grilled pork with rice)
- Com suon (grilled pork chop)
- Vietnamese iced coffee
- our previous Indochine post
Only one of the cutest places in 614. We know macarons usually steal the spotlight but we are loving these:
- Pistacio chocolate chip cookie
- Lemon tart (graham cracker crust = yum!)
- We usually only come for lunch where pizzas are only $7.50 (deal runs Monday-Saturday 11-4PM… closed Sundays)
- My favorite is the pesto almond pizza w/added sausage or egg
Our other favorite Happy Hour. Mon-Fri 4-6 PM for 1/2 off appetizers, pizzas, and drinks
- Kiwi mule & cucumber jalapeño margaritas
- Tuna tacos
- our previous Forno’s happy hour post
Let us know if you have tried these before or share your favorite dishes in the comment section! Eat on, my friends!