This month we (finally) tried Lokal Cold Brew coffee and it was love at first sip! After meeting Sam and Sean at a Kit and Ace event, I received a quick 101 lesson on coffee. I love meeting passionate people and it was great to learn more about the Lokal concept.
- I’m all about their mission. This team of 4 wants to pay homage to their Indonesian background. They serve single origin coffee beans from Indonesia. (Single origin = coffee beans are grown in one place. Some coffees use different blends of beans)
- Their aesthetics are on point! From their brand label, bottle design, down to their website and Instagram… just love!
- Most important: the coffee is yummy! Right now they have two choices: Java (with chocolate notes) and Sumatra Mandheling (a more robust and complex coffee taste). You can drink these straight from the bottle or poured over ice. Even adding a little condensed milk to Sumatra Mandheling makes a perfect Vietnamese style iced coffee!
- I’m digging their play on the letter “K” for “Lokal”… so Kasual.
Where can you find some of this deliciousness?
- The Roosevelt Coffeehouse
- Little Eater (in North Market)
- Philco Diner
- Holy Moses Hair
- Weiland’s Market
#DrinkLokal & #KasualCheers