Long distance running can surely be boring. 1-2 hours of doing the same motions over and over allows for a lot of time to be alone with my thoughts! Here are some that have passed through my mind:
- What?! It hasn’t even been 5 minutes? (Thought occurs every. single. time I run)
- Must control my RBF = running b*tch face
- If I smile while I run maybe I can convince myself I’m having fun
- I hope my shoe laces get untied so I can stop and take a break to tie them!
- Wow, that person lapped me and they’re not even breaking a sweat….and they’re at least double my age. So ashamed….
- Would eating ice cream after my run negate everything I just did?
- Am I supposed to make eye contact or not with people going in the opposite direction?
- Are people creeped out by how much I keep staring at their cute dog?
- Whyyyyyy did I sign up for this?!
Can anyone else relate? Comment below to add to the list!