Nothing makes you feel pampered like a fresh manicure & pedicure. Sophia and I usually paint our own nails at home so it was a special treat when I visited The W Nail Bar! This cute salon is located in the Short North and I felt so welcome the moment I walked in the door.
The very gorgeous Manda and Lauren (sisters) greeted me and welcomed me to their nail bar. The “W” stands for “we”, which represents how they worked together to make their business dream come true. The aesthetics of the place were clean and simple and their choice in music set the chill vibe. I was impressed once I heard a Broods acoustic song.
My nail technician, Olivia, was very helpful in explaining to me how this salon stands out from other salons
- I first noticed that there was no harsh chemical smell like other salons
- They have a variety of luxurious products to add into the soaking tub for pedicures. I chose dried rose petals!
- They sometimes offer wine to clients #kasualcheers
- They make their own scrubs
- I didn’t get the vibe that they were trying to get customers in and out. All the staff was friendly and seemed genuinely happy to have me in the nail bar
Before I visited, I asked myself why would I come to a nail bar when I can paint my own nails?
- Hand and foot massage. TINGLES. It’s like getting a scalp massage
- The experience. I don’t often feel pampered so this was such a nice time for me. Also, I enjoyed conversing with Olivia! She gave me some great life advice
All in all, I loved my expereince and I love my nails- I can’t stop looking at how pretty they are. The W Nail Bar offers gel nails as well! They also host parties, which I think would be so fun for a girls night out and then go bar hopping in the Short North!