Utility Upcycled Handmade is a local business by Paul and Kayleigh Hartong who make beautiful custom furniture using upcycled wood, pallets, industrial materials, and salvaged pieces. Kayleigh and I have been friends since elementary school and when I made a visit to her new home, I fell in love with all of the handmade home furniture and decor.
I told Sophia about their lovely home and she loved the interior design and aesthetics of the pieces as much as I did! One of my favorite pieces was their accent wooden wall in the family room- it created the perfect accent wall which brought the whole room together. They’ve redesigned rooms for clients which included installing these lovely wooden walls in less than 6 hours!
Sophia’s favorite piece was the farmhouse table. She loved how the stain highlighted the wood’s first cut grain! The table was brought to life with a combination of wood and metal seen in the trestle.
I’m loving these aspects about their business:
- All items are custom made and the choices are endless- from coffee tables to book racks. Have something in mind? They can make it for you!
- Delivery is provided if transportation is needed
- Very reasonable prices. I can’t wait to have my own home so I can put an order in!
- A lot of love goes into the pieces because they make everything from start to finish
- They care about the customer and aim to please
Visit the Utility booth at the Westerville Music & Arts Festival on July 11th and 12th and the Deerassic Classic August 7th and 8th! Also, their pieces decorate Temperance Row Brewing in Westerville so go there to enjoy a drink and the aesthetics!